Apeture and Shutter Speed

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
AnthonyL
Senior MemberPosts: 1,724Gear list
Like?
Re: Why are they blurry?
In reply to Aspiringtobe, 9 months ago

Aspiringtobe wrote:

Well for the most part I have been taking photographs just as a hobby with a point and shoot camera. I didn't switch to SLR until a few years ago. And I didn't understand the courses at all, I was taking them online and there just isn't enough interaction. If I had questions they were rarely answered in a way I could understand them. I think it was more of a the professor didn't know how to explain them to someone that didn't already know what he was talking about. I think I really need to focus on learning light, because I think that is the biggest issue I am facing. I am going to make it my goal to learn as much as I can about lighting situations.

Oh dear - disappointing.

1) Post a couple of samples on here.  Very hard to give specific advice without.

2) Blurry can occur because:

i) Not in focus

ii) Shutter speed is slow so camera shake takes over

iii) Shutter speed is slow so subject movement takes over

3) Try working through a site such as http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Stay focussed (pun intended) on one topic at a time.  Don't get bogged down - shout on here when stuck - always include an example when appropriate - a picture is worth a thousand words.

4) PHOTO GRAPHY - drawing with light.  Except when after artistic effects flash is good.  There's a reason that every photo journalist walks around with a big flash on their camera - to have control of the light.  No light - no photo.  Too little light = long exposure = blur (except still objects and camera on tripod).

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow