Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 19,280
Like?
Are Panasonic menus too long?
9 months ago

I only know the hi-resolution lcd screen of the GM1 and presume that this camera's menu system is a hand me down from the days when LCD screens were of lower resolution.

Five items per page it not really good enough when you have 126 menu items to work through.  It takes the GM1 28 menu pages to list them and there is no page by page scrolling function.

Contrast the Ricoh cameras with a similar lcd resolution that manages to show 10 items per page in perfect clarity and also incorporate a quick page by page optional walk through.  They also omit out-of-context unused menu items and this makes menus even easier to move through.

I have calculated that increasing the number of items per page to 10 would reduce the GM1 menu pages from 28 to 16.  Any little help this way must be useful.

Luckily once properly set up menu scrolling is less onerous, but it can be a pain in the setting up process.

Panasonic listening?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow