D700 - Where to go next?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
bowman
Contributing MemberPosts: 540Gear list
Like?
Re: D700 - Where to go next?
In reply to Dave George, 4 months ago

Dave,

I am still going to Focus Tuesday but after reading these posts and many others on this and similar forums I am beginning to think that my D700 is at the moment still my best choice. It just works for everything I do from Street, wedding, landscape and motor sport. However I am tempted by the latest developments in IQ.

My friend has a D800 and a D7100 plus more top Nikon Lens than I wish to type here, he came from D300 and D700 and at the moment he is thinking that the D7100 is his all round camera of choice and for landscape/birds thinks he can match his D800 with it to the point he is thinking of selling the D800.  Maybe a chance for me to upgrade?

A professional friend has just upgraded to a D800 plus full kit so I will also see what his impressions are, I know he already thinks that much more care is needed with technique and is using it more as a medium format camera, lot of studio and product work.

I will let you know how I get on but just at this very moment I am thinking that my D700 and V1 kits may be fine for another year.

Regards

John. North Wales

bowman's gear list:bowman's gear list
Nikon D700
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow