ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jchoi
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
35 f/1.8G vs. Fuji x100s
4 months ago

Hi everyone,

I have a D700 (along with a 50 f/1.8G, a 70-200 f/2.8 VRII, and a Tokina 17-35 f/4), and I can't decide between purchasing the new 35 f/1.8G or a Fuji x100s.  I LOVE the 70-200, and given the choice, it's what I would shoot almost everything with (focal length permitting), but with four young kids, it's just too big and doesn't get used, except for photography specific outings.

I was ready to order the Nikon 35/1.8G, but there is so much "buzz" around the x100s, that my interest was piqued.  I mentioned that I don't use the 70-200VRII as often as I'd like, but that's my DSLR in general.  I try to throw my D700/50 1.8G combo in the baby bag most days, but it just doesn't see all that much use.

I'm not worried about the overall quality of the new Nikon 35 f/1.8G, I an content with my 50 f/1.8G, so I guess I'm more curious as to what compromises I can expect from adding a Nikon 35 f/1.8G (to my proven D700) vs. purchasing an x100s.  I know that the Fuji will be easier to carry, but the reviews are mixed on the x100s as a full frame/semi-pro DSLR replacement.  I picked Nikon over Canon because I like the controls and autofocus better, and I wonder how the Fuji will compare.  I'd love to hear from people who have "experimented" with an x100s.

Thanks everyone!

Fujifilm X100S Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow