T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 17,731
Like?
Re: Canon SL1/100D vs Mirrorless
In reply to BarnET, 5 months ago

BarnET wrote:

justmeMN wrote:

The Canon SL1/100D is 10% narrower, 3% shorter, (10% thicker), and weighs 18% less than an Olympus OM-D EM-1 mirrorless camera.

Why are you comparing an cheap entry level with an pro level weathersealed mirrorless.

The last time i checked the EM-1 was SMALLER as the 7D. Compare the SL1 size with the Olympus EM-10 with their kitlenses here.

One picture speaks a 1000 words. All against your statement

http://j.mp/1dc36IM

Just buy an SL1, and pretend that it is a mirrorless camera. If memory serves, the SL1 uses the same sensor as the EOS M2, the latter not being available in North American and Europe. As an added bonus, SL1 has superior AF speed and a viewfinder.

BTW, here's what the full frame Sony A7/A7R looks like next to the SL1(below).

Even at full frame, with a full frame lens (the Sony FE 28-70/3.5-5.6 OSS), the Sony A7/A7R is still a smaller package than the Canon SL1, "the world's smallest DSLR".

This example clearly shows the appeal of mirrorless.  With mirrorless, you can go out shooting with a FF ILC that is as compact as the smallest APS-C DSLR.

I just tried out a Sony A7 at a local Sony store today.  It's a lovely camera, very comfortable to hold.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow