Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
tkbslc
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,123Gear list
Like?
Re: Is there a next sx280 model?
In reply to Grobb, 6 months ago

tron555 wrote:

John McCormack wrote:

Canon is resting on its laurels these days. I like Canon cameras but Sony and Panasonic offer so much more. The Panasonic ZS40/TZ60 offers 30x plus an EVF and GPS - albeit at a higher price than Canon's SX700. The EVF alone is worth the extra cost in my book.

With a 1/2.3" sensor, crammed full of 16 megapixels and a super slow F3.2 - F6.9 lens, unless you are shooting on a very sunny beach, how good can it be? I agree with you, Canon has been resting on it's laurels for years. It looks like even the G1X II may have the same old 2 year old sensor and does not even include an EVF, for $800! Unless it's IQ and lens is really outstanding, they will start to loose market shares to other companies that are much more innovative. When will Canon (and others) stop putting cell phone sensors in cameras

-- hide signature --

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional!

Canon's 1/2.3" and 1/1.7" sensors are among the best in the market and have improved significantly (almost a stop) over last years.

This discussion is not about the G1X II, but many comments have been made about its supposed poor value. As always, I ask you to find a m4/3 setup (or any mirrorless) with a fast 24-120mm zoom that comes in at less than even 50% more than Canon's MSRP for the G1X II. For everyone calling Canon out of date, there is someone who sees the G1X mk2 as revolutionary for it's lens speed, range and large sensor in such a small package.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow