Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gulffish
Senior MemberPosts: 2,176Gear list
Like?
Graduation Gift DSLR - Best Choice Thoughts
9 months ago

Our grand daughter graduates from high school in May and one of her wish-list items is a good DSLR. As background, she's a stright A AP student, runs track and is a good early phase photographer who has taken several advanced courses. Her current camera is a Canon ELPH 300 which she loves and uses well but wants more control. Has a really good eye and, as we all know, that's a great start.

She plans to major in marketing with a graphics arts specilization. We are going to get her a DSLR and I'd like some thoughts on the current list I'm considering. Pros and cons and others that should be considered.

The nominees are; Nikon 3200, Pentax K30, Sony A58 and Canon T3i all with the basic X-55mm kit lens. All keepers with trade-offs. Additionally, I'm trying to get her in a position where good old glass works well and saves money. Trying to stay in a $450 to $550 budget. Your thoghts well be appreciated!

-- hide signature --

Kirk

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Pentax K-30 Pentax X-5 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow