The Nikon lens sale is over, so what did you buy?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Hrvoje Crvelin
Regular MemberPosts: 187Gear list
Like?
Re: The Nikon lens sale is over, so what did you buy?
In reply to MattiD80, 6 months ago

MattiD80 wrote:

I hope the rebates come to EU soon. Been postponing Any purchase cause no rebate yet lol. Been one in march-may and july last year, but nothing after it. Almost march again Maybe time for another spring sale.

What amazes me is american 80-400 VR af-s price. it's as much as EURO and normally there's a big difference. I think next to the rebate, the 80-400mm also got cheaper in america before it does in EU. I hope it both drops (because that's how things go in time) + a nice rebate. Then I might buy it, since its not that crazy anymore in price.

I was also waiting this to appear in EU, but I just say forget about it - it is not so big market so any rebate here in EU will be un-comparable to the one in US.  Just check current rebates in UK with the ones in US.  With that said, US prices never state tax which you have to pay too and people tend to forget that sometimes.  2 years ago I was checking state of warranty and full price when I was buying my system and at the end it was cheaper in EU (speaking of standard prices and warranty gotchas in shops). If you have someone in US coming over soon, just buy it and ship it to that person and get it soon later.

Hrvoje Crvelin's gear list:Hrvoje Crvelin's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NadaNew
UKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow