micro 4/3 or APC compact systems WHICH ONE ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,187Gear list
Like?
Re: Get the Panasonic F/2.8 zooms
In reply to Lab D, 8 months ago

Lab D wrote:

captura wrote:

On another thread, Jack wrote, "Sony said they are putting APSC NEX lenses on hold "for now""

I would like Jack to put up now and divulge the URL/source for that information.

Several articles reported this as did Thom Hogan...

"Sony executive on the day they launched the A6000 (NEX E mount) that they were going to concentrate on FE! Say what? "

When Thom followed up and asked if there would be any more APS lenses in the future..."The comeback I got from Sony was this: you can always use FE mount lenses on E mount cameras."

No company is going admit to stopping development if it may hurt sales, but since this was reported by multiple sources it is as close as you could ever expect.

Since you have nothing saying there WILL be more APS NEX lenses in the next year, and we have these direct quotes form Sony, I'll go with what Thom Hogan found.

I remember there was a great furor around that time over some of Thom Hogan's remarks; in particular his going along with others' claims that the Sony FF A&r had Shutter Shock, et. (there was never a shred of evidence of this to-date) and Thom lost some credibility compared to the old days.

However thanks for this info. and it may or may not be true and I will follow up on it in pursuit of the truth.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow