micro 4/3 or APC compact systems WHICH ONE ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 14,600Gear list
Like?
Re: Get the Panasonic F/2.8 zooms
In reply to Lab D, 7 months ago

Lab D wrote:

captura wrote:

Jack Hass wrote:

http://www.alinpopescu.eu/blog/full-review-focus-tests-sony-a6000-beautiful-dream/

If the answer to these questions is "just a hunch", no more troll snacks for you.

I have spent many hours on the subject.

Funny how some camera owners spend so much time dreaming of a camera that may fix all issues with the one they currently own. So many got burned by the NEX focusing and better sensor claims.

I'd rather stick with the camera that is available now, that is proven and that so many named "Camera of the Year". Plus we already know it has IBIS and better (and smaller) lenses.

What NEX focusing issues? I own a NEX-5R with hybrid CDAF-PDAF autofocus. It's ability to track and focus and fire at up to 10 fps is amazing, especially in "sports mode." The shame of it is that some owners of the 5R and 6 have never really learned how to use their cameras effectively.

Like the Nikon 1 which I also own, the PDAF function stops working in low light, causing reliance upon CDAF. M43 has a natural advantage here because of it's smaller size.

We are waiting for the A6000 to hit the streets to check out it's low light performance.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow