Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,576Gear list
Like?
Checking in and catching up
6 months ago

The projects in my world have garnered my attention over the last couple weeks, but I now have some time off to catch up with my friends here before the next project. I'm told the boat with the slab of granite I ordered has reached port and I should have it within a week. Then busy, busy again.

But I am enjoying reading your threads, seeing the landscapes and flowers and snowflakes, owls and birds and other wildlife. All of you talented people have given me inspiration  in place of all the images I didn't take during this time . So I'll have to put down my heavy building tools and pick up my "little" tools to catch up with you in all the fun.

I did grab my camera one day while leaving the house as I couldn't resist the graphical qualities the light and shadows were playing in the snow. It was also another opportunity to add an image to my shadow colors in the snow project. It's my only image from the last couple weeks, but I liked it enough that I thought I'd share it. I hope you like it as well. And I'm sure the cardinal would send greetings to Murry's cardinal in his recent thread, wishing to be there in the warmer Texas south after this cold and snowy winter.

This JPEG image was hand held aiming in the direction of the mid day sun. The Auto White Balance shadows in the original were a deep blue, but post processed down to the above blue gray seen when the image was captured. All other tones remained untouched from the original.

Ed

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow