How many are selling their NEX-7 for the A6000

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
hey gate Amarillo
In reply to Gato Amarillo, 6 months ago

Gato Amarillo wrote:

I had planned to buy whatever new camera Sony announced (have a NEX 6 and A3000 now), but they left me hanging by not including a mic input and touch-screen focus.

I wrote about this on the pro forum, but Friday I got a call I've been expecting for a year or more: "We need stills for the catolog. And can you do video for the website at the same time?" Hell yes I can, because I know every video guy in town can do competent stills and if I don't do the videos I lose the client.

Any camera I buy from here on needs video capabilities, including mic in and, one hopes, headphone out. Costs Sony maybe 15 cents in production cost to do a mic input, at most 2 bucks for me at retail. Or at least they could offer an adapter to the multi hotshoe.

So if I buy a Sony in the near future the NEX 7 with mic in is the leading contender. But the Panasonic G6 sure looks good.

Gato

-- hide signature --

"We paint with our brain, not with our hands" -- Michelangelo
Portrait, figure and fantasy photography at Silver Mirage Gallery:
silvermirage.com

if you are worried about microphone for video on the a6000 why don't you just get one of these

gun / zoom microphone

it is designed specifically for the multi interphase shoe of cameras like the Nex-6 and A6000

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow