T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 18,003
Like?
Re: well said, I rather stay Canon, but will go NEX or FUJI now
In reply to meland, 7 months ago

meland wrote:

007peter wrote:

I prefer M. I simply prefer small mirrorless over bulkier dslr.

But the current M is limited at best, without M2/M3 coming in the pipeline for me in the USA. Canon give me no choice but to go elsewhere. I too have been a Canon Royalist since the ancient 30d. Having bought numerous DSLR and now mirrorless, I simply prefer mirrorless at this point.

I really wish Canon wakes up a smell the coffee that is brewing. While mirrorless isn't a big seller in USA, there is a strong market for them here. Just look at how much premium FUJI is charging for its X-Systme is a good example.

I prefer canon, but I also prefer mirrorless. If canon isn't going to step up, I have no choice but to go back to Sony NEX or give Fuji X a try.

I suppose your feelings echo the fact that for some consumers the issue seems much more urgent than it is for the manufacturer. The consumer's point of view may well be I want X and I want it now but obviously the manufacturer has to consider many more factors than that.

Well, that's the great thing about the free market: we can spend our money with a company who's priorities are more in line without our own priorities.

However, I do think mirrorless is a priority for Canon.  It's just that they suffered a black eye with their initial EOS M, so they are probably working very hard behind the scenes to make sure that their next major mirrorless introduction isn't so embarrassing.  That's why we had the EOS M2 released fairly soon after the initial EOS M (which did take R&D dollars to release, even though externally it might seem practically identical-- but it is an indicator that they were working on EOS behind the scenes).  And that's also why the EOS M2 received such a quiet and small release-- because it's not the major release they want.  I think we're going to see a major, worldwide mirrorless product from Canon released in the future-- it's just a matter of how quickly they can get that product out.  And it's something that they definitely don't want to rush, especially after the EOS M debacle.  So I think they are being very cautious.  They don't want a second black eye.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow