*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.03.01 ***

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
PaulChapman
Contributing MemberPosts: 920Gear list
Like?
A higher perspective
In reply to Wormsmeat, 4 months ago

Took some shots of the farm from above. Nexus7 wifiiing to a GoProHero2 with the GoPro suspended under a small kite...well, a small 2 metre one anyway. The GoPro has a usable range of about 200ft (the Hero does about double) and beyond that I switch over to Intervalometer mode and take pics every several seconds (the Nexus is good for framing before the signal is lost). The pond had been dug just before Christmas and the calculation was that it would take 3 years to fill with average rainfall. The south-west of England has had slightly higher than average rainfall since then. I could have flown my GF1 or GX7 with the Samyang 7.5mm for better resolution, but didn't and now I understand that the GX7 is even more limited in wifi range than the puny GoPro. Rats!

Yes...that is muggins with everything under apparent control. The rope and karibeener are used to hold down the kite while I am walking around since I can't hold down the kite and digitise the Nexus at the same time. At this point the kite was pegged to the ground and the GoPro was bobbing around at about 15ft.

PaulChapman's gear list:PaulChapman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow