Should the seller privide a program to play blueray discs?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eilivk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,462Gear list
Like?
Should the seller privide a program to play blueray discs?
5 months ago

Just got a new PC, put together after some discussion, - with Windows 8.1 - and an Asus bluray player. PC working fine, but I could not play a blueray disc no matter how I tried, after installing the CyberLink Power2Go 8 that came with the player. Called the builder/seller, they said you have to find/buy a program to play blurays! For DVD they said VLC - which is working. And for blurays WinDVD, which will not play, maybe because I did not register, think it was a trial version. Later tried Aurora, which did play, but with some text across the picture, demand for password, which I can't find! Same for another program.

So is there any free program, not trial, that can play bluray discs? I mean, I paid for the player and I paid for the bluray disc, should be enough?

And if the seller do not have to provide a program for playing, should he not have told me? After all I'm 64, how could I know this? Could have bought an DVDplayer/burner and saved some money.

eilivk's gear list:eilivk's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Ricoh CX4 Sony RX1 +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow