Photato
Senior MemberPosts: 1,810Gear list
Like?
Re: Dear Canon, I'm not buying anymore DSLR Gear get on with the M
In reply to mpressed, 9 months ago

mpressed wrote:

Photato wrote:

SkipJG wrote:

Well said and I agree. I've had the DSLRs (Three times!) and I don't want to go back to that size. I want something small that is capable of so much more than my iPhone.

I find myself reaching more often for my iPod (image quality isn't everything) because I CAN DO MORE and is fun!

If Canon is wondering why the decline in sales, that is one!

I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with a Samsung Android Mirrorless or a Sony A6000 that support Apps, even though lenses are more expensive.

I don't need stupid 'Art filters' or Social media features. But I miss things like Panorama Assist of older Canon cameras. With the M I can't even save a 'buffer image' to RAW like my 10 year old Canon Pro1 does, etc, etc.

I like the M but is so crippled in features....

i disagree it has many great features… User interface could be improved to access them better as some can be used as substitutes for more common dslr features… but it could of course use a few tweaks...

Boy! , have you used a smartphone with the latest Photo Apps out there?

Have you tried Old Powershots? Some have more features than the M!

You can also take a look of what Magic Lantern can do to see what is possible.

If you think that a PASM is all we need, then you need to check Fujifilm Cameras because even that is obsolete.

Photato's gear list:Photato's gear list
Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon EOS M Apple iPad Mini +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow