Dear Canon, I'm not buying anymore DSLR Gear get on with the M

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Photato
Senior MemberPosts: 1,798Gear list
Like?
Re: Dear Canon, I'm not buying anymore DSLR Gear get on with the M
In reply to areichow, 6 months ago

areichow wrote:

I'm not an anti-phone snob, but if you're not interested in on-board image manipulation/editing or social media features, why pick up your iPod to use as a camera over a dedicated camera?

Because, I have the iPod always with me and it can do so much more.

I carry the M only when I know I'll be taking pictures.

The Apps ecosystem have generated a lot of interesting new ideas and techniques on photography that Dedicated Cameras like the M have yet to implement. Is pathetic

For instance.

Better use of touch screen by allowing user to pick exposure spot and focus area.

I can also use Lock WB which is much faster/simpler way to control WB than how the M does.

Using the iPod accelerometers I can tell the iPod to take the picture only when the holding is stable to minimize blur.

The iPod has Virtual Levels which the M lacks.

I can do Panoramas with ease in the iPod, with the M is more difficult, not even a Panorama Assist that old Powershots used to have.

For Time Lapse photography there are many apps with lots of controls and settings.

For video I have access to much more settings than the M.

Etc, Etc

To be a Dedicated Photography Device, the M needs to do much more than an iPod, not the other way around.

Where is the Raw converter on the M?

Hell, you can't even EXTRACT the embedded Large JPEG that comes with the Raw files in Camera.

It is frustrating.....

Photato's gear list:Photato's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon EOS M Apple iPad Mini +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow