Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Curtindale
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,505Gear list
Like?
Show Your Favorite Image Captured With Your 70-400mm G / G2
5 months ago

Try to make this a learning and sharing of techniques thread.

There have been a lot of threads about the Sony 70-400mm G and G2 lens. This happens to be one of my favorite lenses. I use the 70-400mm G for many different type of photography (i.e. BIF, Air Shows, Flowers, static, high speed action, distant and close-ups). The lens is one of the most versatile I use and I always use it hand held (never on a tripod).

It would be fun to see some of your favorites taken with the 70-400mm G / G2 (beginning or advanced - it doesn't matter). It would also be interesting to share, ask and answer questions about usage and techniques for types of photography with the 70-400mm G (I am only an enthusiast but will share what I have learned).

Over the past four years I have captured many thousands of images with this lens. Four years ago in February I received my 70-400mm (I remember it was on a Wednesday) and I was wondering what the heck I was going to use it for and that same afternoon I received a call from a friend asking me to go to Florida for a week to shoot BIF. I had never photographed BIF before but I said OK and we spent the next six days (10 hrs per day) in the preserves photographing BIF (I learned a few things about using my lens).

Below are some of my favorites from the 70-400mm G.

-- hide signature --

A99, A900, A700, R1, w/Zeiss + Sony G Glass
My Picasa Albums: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109849611643818398019/albums My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheWillybug

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +10 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow