Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevewb
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?
Still my best Real Estate camera...many houses later
7 months ago

After all these years...this is still my workhorse....

I do my wifes Realty website and use VisualTour to create stitched Home Presentations...

www.jbbartel.com....

with the Tokina 12-24 F4 lens I get the best sharp "almost distortion free" pics for viewing...and shoot indoors with the Nikon 600 flash....

I may have the product numbers a little goofed up, but these are what I recall that they are classified as......age does have it challenges

Distortion is a big problem with any wide angle lens....have bought Tokina 10-16 wide lens for my A55 SLT camera...not that good with stitching and massive distorition also.......

Bought the Tamron for the Sony also...the 10-24 ....still too much distortion...etc....

I do not shoot raw with any of my gear...especially when I shoot 200 to 400 pics for a Realty presentation and for VisualTour...which I throw most away...end up with about 40/50 shots for the final web page posting....Raw is way too time consuming...the results I receive with JPEG are totally ok with me...

So to sum up my thoughts after all these years...the Nikon D80 with the Tokina lens is still my bread and butter great performer....

-- hide signature --

I try not to pole vault over ant hills-----

Stevewb's gear list:Stevewb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D80 Sony SLT-A55 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Stevewb's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
unrated
Low light (without flash)
unrated
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Nikon D80 Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow