Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cyip0
Regular MemberPosts: 217Gear list
Like?
Finally, X-T1 Tracking AF is Figured Out, :-), with XF 60mm
5 months ago

Sorry, I am kind of late to the party here. After two challenging days with X-T1's tracking AF, I finally figured it out, I think.

Well, I though to myself that I should challenge the camera a little bit, so instead of the 55-200mm, I put the XF 60mm that is pretty well known for its 'not so fast' AF.

I tested it on the dog this morning. The settings are:

1. Front AF switch on "C"

2. Shooting mode on either "CH" or "CL"

3. Focus point as much as possible should be in the center (I think my hit rate was higher when I did this)

Here are 10 pictures (SOOC, JPEG). Only the first picture was cropped a little bit since the handler's hand was in the picture (she told me not to include any of her in the pic). And pics were resized to be less than 0.4MB per file.

These pictures were not from one series of bursts but I chose 10 out of about 24 that are quite different in framing and distance (out of 24, I think only 2 or 3 where the dog was not in focus).

cyip0's gear list:cyip0's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Fujifilm X-T1 +9 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow