Raynox M-150 og M-250 Macro for FZ200 ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
gardenersassistant
Contributing MemberPosts: 823
Like?
Re: Raynox M-150 og M-250 Macro for FZ200 ?
In reply to DUBTEMPLE, 6 months ago

Like others have said, the Raynox 150 and 250 work fine on the FZ200, but you might want something less powerful like the Canon 500D. Until recently I used all three of these on the FZ200, and also the Raynox MSN-202, which is more powerful than the Raynox 250.

The vignetting mentioned above from about 3X zoom is if you attach the Raynox to the camera lens. The vignetting is more severe if you attach it to a tube like the Kiwitube, up to about 6-7X zoom. All the same, this is the way I used all of my achromats on the FZ200 because it has the great advantage of keeping the Raynox at the same distance from the subject while you zoom in and out to change the framing/magnification. That means you don't have to move the camera to compensate for movement of the Raynox as the camera lens extends and contracts. This makes it much easier to do what I do quite a lot which is to get two or more pictures of the same subject at different magnifications, typically a shot concentrating on the subject and another showing it in its environment, often with one or two in between. There are some examples of this in this set of pictures.

The issue of the distance to the subject changing as you zoom is more of a problem with the more powerful add-on lenses such as the Raynox 250 and MSN-202. With the Canon 500D it is rarely a problem in my experience.

I agree that the Raynox 150 is a good place to start - it is easier to use than the 250 but gives you enough power to photograph some invertebrates like larger flies, wasps, bees and the like. Which lens to choose does depend on what sort of thing you want to photograph. I tend to use the less powerful Canon 500D mostly for flowers (but also larger invertebrates such as crane flies, dragonflies and butterflies), the Raynox 150 mainly for mid-sized invertebrates but also some small flowers, and the Raynox 250 mainly for smaller invertebrates but also for some very small flowers. For extremely small insects such as fruit flies and springtails I use the Raynox 150 and 250 stacked or the Raynox MSN-202. If you want to get closer in and photograph flies' eyes and the like, then the Raynox 250 would be more suitable than the less powerful lenses.

I use step rings rather than the lens holder that comes with the Raynox lenses, but either way works fine.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow