Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Frenchfx
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Quick D7100 Battery drain question..
8 months ago

My 7100 seems to be draining overnight. I moved from a Canon 40d where I could charge the battery and come back weeks later and still have a full charge. This camera, which I love, seems to drain without use. Granted I am playing in menus a little on and off but still. I have only shot a a hundred or so shots with it from this recent charge about 5 days ago, and it's down to 73% for the nikon battery and 57% for the 3rd party battery in the grip.

Is it normal for the Nikon to discharge without use, or over say 5 days with little use.

My C2 is set at 10 seconds btw.

I am just use to having batteries last for weeks. If this isn't the case here, that's fine, I just want to know if it's normal. The batteries have only had 2 charges so far, not sure if that matters.

Thanks,

-rich

Frenchfx's gear list:Frenchfx's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Canon EOS 40D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow