Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Indolentfool
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Lenses for a Paris trip
4 months ago

I'm off to Paris with my girlfriend in a couple of weeks and wondered what others thought about lens options. We're going for three days and I think I want the opportunity to take some indoor/architectural shots in addition to the "person in front of the Eiffel Tower" snapshots. I think I'll take a gorillapod in case I fancy a "twinkling lights over the Seine" shot at night. We'll be spending one day at Versailles too I think.

I'm taking my D7000 and my choices are from:

Tokina 11-16 f2.8 DX II (which is new and I'd like to play with)
Nikon 24-70 f2.8 (which is my usual go to lens)
Nikon 50 f1.4 (which I can borrow but don't have any experience with)
Nikon 18-35 3.5-4.5D (usually only used for IR stuff but available if anyone thinks it's worth taking)
Nikon 80-200 f2.8 (probably a bit heavy for me to lug around and I doubt I'd use it that often)
SB 700 (thought I'd leave at home as a bit overbearing and I can use the pop-up for fill if needed)

I think either I carry a bag and take the 24-70 and the 11-16 or I go bagless with the 11-16 on the camera over my shoulder and 50 in my coat pocket. My main concern with the latter is that I'd miss the long end of the 24-70 for portraits. Any other ideas welcomed even if it means a new purchase. I am fairly to the right on the romantic spectrum and realise that the trip is mostly about the girl rather than the photos.

Indolentfool's gear list:Indolentfool's gear list
Nikon D100 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow