ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
littleredbird
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
m.zuiko 14-42mm EZ or 14-42mm II R
7 months ago

Hi,

This or next week the E-M10 will (hopefully) be in stock here in the Netherlands.
I just can't make my mind up about the kitlens:
Should I go for the older one, which is just €100 extra, or go for the new pancake version which is €200 extra.

On PCmag I read that the new lens is quite a lot softer at 14mm wide open. Overal it's softer wide open except at 42mm, where its a little bit sharper. 
I have the 45mm f1.8, so 42mm is not the most important. I prefer better quality at the wide end of the kitlens.

But.. is the difference really that big to go for the older lens?

Most people seem to be buying the new pancake kitlens for the e-m10.. or am I wrong? 
I ofcourse like the look of the pancake, but I know my primes will be more on the camera, but I do use my kitlens now and then, just a little less. When it's not on the camera, the pancake takes up less space in a bag, so that's also an advantage.

littleredbird's gear list:littleredbird's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow