Weekend MONOCHROME #172 |28-02 Feb-March| Post yours!

Started 10 months ago | Photos thread
LouHolland
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,324
Like?
Re: View of a temple
In reply to sridharma, 9 months ago

Sridhar, let me explain, your keystone PP is not directly what I meant you should use. I understand your point as the eyes don't see in such a short distance those oblique lines of those pillars, but cameras lenses do and we experience that as the charm of photography and sometimes we make an art out of it. So I agree with you. However correcting those oblique lines completely with keystone could give a less charming and less natural image to our eyes (in modern building it could work). However you could decide to straighten only the central pillar vertically and now we will keep our charming oblique lines and our perspective stays intact and the tilted horizon is corrected too. That was what I trying to say. Thanks for the effort you've put in, it still is a nice image. Also I like that slight bit of blue used in you monochrome.

Lou

-

sridharma wrote:

LouHolland wrote:

Srhidhar, Lovely images and beautiful structures. Only niggle, I would straithen the middle vertical pillar in your first shot. That last one I really like.

Thanks for the comment. I did not straighten the columns as I felt that it lessened the impact of the shot. Well, that is my taste I have tried my hand at the keystone correction. Let me know what you feel about the pic:

-- hide signature --

Sridhar M.A.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow