Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kendunn
Contributing MemberPosts: 748
Like?
Getting my footing with wide angle portraits
7 months ago

I have always been a fan of isolating the subject, but of course we need to evolve.  I like others wide and portraits, but never seemed to be able to get a handle on them myself so I always stuck with what worked (and my clients liked them).  Seems like it got to the point where I was using tight portraits with out of focus backgrounds as a crutch.

My son is doing his basic training right now, sent him a few snapshots around the house of family and he said "more" that it was great getting them.  So I went to his grandparents house (moms side, we are divorced, but I am still really close with them....but thats another post) and wanted to take a picture of them that would be as he remembered them, so I wanted more of their house in there.  For once I was pretty happy, seems like their faces were still a little distorted, but overall I think he will love them.  A couple below.  Suggestions welcome.  At first I was a little distracted by the cabinet door opened, but then I realized that was actually part of the look I was going for, nothing posed or set up, just as if Adam had walked in and see them.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow