Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nandbytes
Senior MemberPosts: 2,645Gear list
Like?
Birds - Take 2, A99 w/ 70-400 G
5 months ago

Firstly thanks to all for commenting and supporting "my first bird shoot" thread. Also thanks for encouragement

I took my family to a wildlife park yesterday. I took a lot of pictures of various animals and a few birds. I wanted to share animal pics too but there are too many of them so I am just sharing some birds for now. The birds were smaller and harder to catch as they were mostly free moving.

All pictures were shot in RAW+jpg. Some pictures are cropped with little PP (exposure/contrast) was done in LR. No NR applied. I have also posted a few jpg directly from the camera.

Highlights below, all C&C welcomed.

May be not all birds were small lol. I started the day by spotting this guy in my garden. Also served as a reminder to not to clip body parts (feet)

Snow old not in snow , I also got a close up but decided to post this instead for some reason. Jpg from the camera.

My first BIF. Totally nailed it don't you think Just thought I'd post the blurry mess as it was my first and also my only BIF test shot as it stands.

I caught these guys stealing food panda's bowl

Cropped but you can see the bit of the infamous bokeh of this lens

Increased the exposure by +1.7 in LR! The shot was under exposed. These little birds are really fast, impossible to catch them and be able to change my setting and doesn't help them hiding in shadows I only managed get a few shots before it flew away.

So I lied or my 70-400 can take shots at 50mm Taken with min 50mm macro. No PP, jpg straight from camera

No PP, jpg straight from camera.

Also only got one shot it swam away just as I arrived lol. No PP, jpg straight from camera

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow