Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 11,062Gear list
Like?
Re: A7r 24-70 vs Nex-7 16-70 vs EM1 12-40
In reply to JunzInc, 9 months ago

JunzInc wrote:

Hi,

I am interested in knowing more about your unbiased opinions on the SEL 16-70 especially compared to the 12-40 from Olympus which you also own? Are they comparable except for may be the far corners of the image? I also wanted to know what you felt about the handling of the SEL16-70 on the NEX7?

I currently have a NEX5N and was thinking about getting the SEL1670 now and then later upgrading my camera to the A6000 when that becomes available.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

JM

To be honest the 16-70 is an awesome sized well thought out zoom...it will work better on the 16mp sensors with less corner issues I think....I need to try it on the Nex-5N...I think it is WAY more than sufficient for the Nex-5N and perfect for it as well...

but the Nex-7 and the 16-70 are a great match up...it did not get the best light in these shots and can do much better except for sides and corners...it looks as if there is some color shift on the right hand side of the Nex-7 shot and that is the 24mp sensor at work...

For a Nex-5N I don't honestly think you could do any better than the SEL16-70 as far as zooms go...

EM1 and 12-40 are also awesome, but much larger and heavier, just the opposite of what folks that use Nex cameras are looking far...

The EM1 and 12-40 are even large for my liking, but they perform so well together it is a joy to shoot...only if they were a bit smaller package...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow