The Nikon lens sale is over, so what did you buy?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
gatorowl
Contributing MemberPosts: 773Gear list
Like?
Re: The Nikon lens sale is over, so what did you buy?
In reply to hikerdoc, 7 months ago

hikerdoc wrote:

The Sigma 24-105. I had the Nikon 24-120 in my cart at B&H waiting for them to reopen last night. As I walked past my local dealer yesterday afternoon I noticed a poster for the new series of Sigmas on the window. Inside the proud dealer showed me his just received Sigma, beautiful lens, I relieved him of it after brief test.

+1

Got the Sigma 24-105 yesterday, and my brief tests are very promising.

Other than reacquiring the 14-24mm--the only lens I've sold that I regret giving up--Nikon doesn't have any lenses that I want to acquire.  I was tempted by the 80-400mm G, but its price and bulk dissuaded me. What I'd really like is a Nikon equivalent to the Canon 70-300mmL or a 300mm f/4 VR (or, daresay I) a 400mm f/5.6 VR, that are not significantly bigger than the current 300mm F/4 D.

I'm not optimistic Nikon will produce these lenses, so I'm hoping that Sigma will hear me and address my desires.

gatorowl's gear list:gatorowl's gear list
Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NadaNew
UKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow