Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
meland
Senior MemberPosts: 3,738
Like?
Re: @meland - I don't speak for all consumer, but my NEEDs are important to me
In reply to 007peter, 7 months ago

007peter wrote:

meland wrote:

007peter wrote: I prefer canon, but I also prefer mirrorless. If canon isn't going to step up, I have no choice but to go back to Sony NEX or give Fuji X a try.

I suppose your feelings echo the fact that for some consumers the issue seems much more urgent than it is for the manufacturer. The consumer's point of view may well be I want X and I want it now but obviously the manufacturer has to consider many more factors than that.

Meland, I don't speak for all consumer, nor should "my needs" be on the front page of Canon's next exec meeting. I'm not so egocentric to believe the world revolve around me.

Having said that...... my shooting needs are important to me and my family. While we like M for its size, AF is pitifully slow, even worst than the old NEX C3 (which is petty bad as mirrorless goes). M in all honestly, is about as as fast as the 4yrs old Olympus E-PL1 we used to have. Thanks to the slow Olympus E-PL1, we learned to "tolerate" slow AF and makes M somewhat "doable/liveable".

But this is 2014, we shouldn't have to "tolerate" slow AF. We are shopping for a camera upgrade before our 2014 summer vacation. While we don't expect Canon to release a camera just to please us. Other manufactures doesn't seem to have problem offering both fast AF + Lens Selection in the mirrorless world. Even slow, the once slow AF is becoming fast and reliable.

We got used to Canon due to numerous powershots, and 5 canon dslr we had over 8yrs. We prefer canon, but I'm done with DSLRs. There is no bitterness, just a mere disappointment of our once favor camera company. I think its losing its touch with consumers.

Ah, but which consumers?   To quote Abe Lincoln:

“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow