Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
LTZ470
Forum ProPosts: 10,882Gear list
Like?
Re: Try comparing like sizes
In reply to Bart Hickman, 9 months ago

Bart Hickman wrote:

nyoneway wrote:

This comparison is about lens not sensors. If you look at the Oly corner, it's much sharper than the Sony Zeiss.

It's amazing how a smaller image can trick us into thinking it's sharper.
I tried it both ways: 1. upsize the EM1 image so the scale was the same as the NEX-7 image. 2) downsize the NEX image to the same as the EM1 image. In both comparisons, there's no question the NEX-7 image is more detailed and you can get significantly better sharpness out of it. This applies across the frame.

I have to say the Oly image is a bit ratty-looking for a base iso image. The NEX7 image is smooth and still looks smooth after sharpening it similarly to the Oly. Perhaps it's being crippled by poor processing?

Bart

-- hide signature --

All jpegs, PP lightly...no the 16mp m43 sensor will never quite stay up with the APS-C and FF sensors, but it is surprisingly closer than most folks think or want to admit...just means that it is good enough for many situations, but I have found it is better for nature and close ups...the new Panny 42.5 f/1.2 is sharp wide open...very nice lens in m43 favor with OIS and EM1 with IBIS, the IBIS is actually better than the OIS...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow