Should I sell all my Nikon gear for a Xt-1?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bitingimpression
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
Should I sell all my Nikon gear for a Xt-1?
5 months ago

After reading almost every website and rumor on the XT-1, I have gotten really interested in the fuji. I definately cannot afford a fuji alone. So for any of you photographers who have owned DSLRS and equipment, would you say the XT-1 is better? I have many questions regarding the XT-1.

1. Is this camera better than regular Dslrs? (if you have the D7100, is it better than it)

2. How about really high end dslrs like the D4 or 1dx?

3. Do you think that is worth selling all my gear(seen below in my gear section) For a Fuji XT-1 with a 18-55 and the fuji XF 55-200mm and 200 extra dollars?

4. How much better is the XT-1 compared to the standard dslr, and is it worth upgrading to the XT-1?

5. How ideal is the XT-1 to shoot sports such as high school football, tennis, or volleyball?

6. Do all fuji lenses focus at almost the same speed, and how would you compare it to the cheap 18-55 kit lens that comes with beginner canon or nikon dslrs?

7. How good is the tracking?

8. What is the difference between the Fuji XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 R Lm OIS (650 dollars), and the regular fuji 55-200 (500 Dollars) and is there a big difference? Is it worth paying 150 more for the 650 one?

9. Are any other fuji lenses beside the 56mm 1.2 weather sealed?

10. Does the fuji replace the D7100, and what parts of a regular dslr make a dslr better than the fuji

11. I'm still a little unclear about this part of the fuji, do the wheels on the front and back of the camera act as a aperture and shutter speed dial, and could i use those instead of the dials on the top of the camera? I honestly do not think that the dials on the top would be efficient for me compared to the side dials.

12. If you continuously shoot someone, or a kid running towards the camera, will every shot be focused while shooting, and will it catch up with the person running?

Sorry about all the questions, but this debate between selling my nikon gear for a fuji has been going through my mind a lot. I do not do serious photography like weddings and stuff, but i love to shoot outdoor portraits, sports, street photography, food, and my family. I am not a big fan of studio work, so i dont do that. Very last thing, if any of you guys could send me a good raw photo straight from the fuji xt1, so i could play around with it in lightroom, I will definitely not take the work as mine, and I probably will recycle the photo after i am done playing with it.

Bitingimpression's gear list:Bitingimpression's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Canon EOS-1D Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D4 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow