Why is the 42.5 F/1.2 $1600 when the Fuji 56mm F/1.2 is only $1000?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Cafe Racer
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Re: Why is the 42.5 F/1.2 $1600 when the Fuji 56mm F/1.2 is only $1000?
In reply to BeaverTerror, 4 months ago

The LEICA branding is likely to be the main reason it costs more. There's a strong possibility that it will hold it's value more than the Fuji in the long term because of the Leica badge, but I do agree it's expensive.

I recently done a 'PRIME LENS BATTLE' on my blog comparing prices of lenses from 5 mirrorless camera brands across 3 focal lengths; 35mm, 50mm and 85-90mm equiv. FUJI came out the MOST EXPENSIVE, Samsung the cheapest.

http://mrfindlayphoto.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/mirrorless-camera-prime-lens-battle.html

If you're thinking about moving to Fuji it's worth looking at the total cost of the switch to see if it does in fact work out cheaper. That's assuming you're going to buy more than a body and 1 lens.

I would imagine it would cost you more than the $400 lens price difference to switch your whole system, but you may have already convinced yourself that you MUST HAVE that very tempting new Fuji camera and lens!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Meh.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow