This shot is what convinced me to shoot in RAW (RX10)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
aaanouel
Senior MemberPosts: 5,081Gear list
Like?
Right but...
In reply to Ron AKA, 7 months ago

Ron AKA wrote:

My thoughts are a bit different than that. Seems to me if you are going to put the time and effort into post processing you want to start with the best image file you can get - RAW. If you are not going to post process then it makes sense to shoot JPEG.

I basically agree with you Ron... and would use RAW more often if it's not because RAW files are too memory and computer resource eager. I come from when memory (in terms of Kb) had to be well useful or collapsing the computer and have not lost the saving memory custom.

By other side, I pixel peep just in terms of what the eye can really perceive according to the size of the print and distance to be seen, and have found that excellent poster size printings, even gigantography can be made from a well post processed JPG without any trouble, a practical matter, indeed.

-- hide signature --

aaanouel
Truth is a pathless land.
The dead past darkens the ever living present.
Corrections and critics are more than very welcome, desirables.

aaanouel's gear list:aaanouel's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P73 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Sony SLT-A65 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow