Regular MemberPosts: 384
Like?
Re: Dear Canon, I'm not buying anymore DSLR Gear get on with the M
In reply to T3, 9 months ago

T3 wrote:

rrccad wrote:

mpressed wrote:

Dear Canon,

Have been a canon shooter for 30 years, even though my mother worked for nikon in the 60s-80s.

Loved growing up canon loved my slurs, loved my first 10D, my 30D, 40D, 5DI and 5DIII.... Love ALL my canon lenses, L and non L glass!

But i am done with large scale heavy digital photography!

but you are still in large scale heavy digital photography. if you are truly wanting out of it micro 4/3's or nikon 1 is the way to go.

I use m4/3 and EOS M. As far as sensor size goes, m4/3 would be the smallest I would ever go, especially if you plan on investing long-term in an ILC system. Nikon's 1" sensor is just too small. I think they really painted themselves into a corner with such a tiny sensor. Such a small sensor is too limiting.

Nikon really goofed with their choice of sensor size, in my humble opinion. I can attest to the below-par performance of their current 1" sensor based on my experience with my Nikon 1 J3. There is visible chroma and luma noise below mid-tones even at low ISO settings, and I mean without pixel-peeping. Canon got the sensor size right but didn't develop any new auto-focus systems and just used the existing live-view system from their DSLR line of cameras. It's still a great start, with slow auto-focus performance being its only weakness, and I hope that we will see more serious choices from them going forward. M4/3 is also a good compromise, with a bit more emphasis on size reduction. Current M4/3 sensors are quite good for their size class, and there are lots of very good M4/3 lenses as well. Canon still has the most complete lens family, though, and that's their real trump card, and those lenses all work great on the EOS M.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow