Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
dpr4bb
Regular MemberPosts: 383
Like?
Re: Dear Canon, I'm not buying anymore DSLR Gear get on with the M
In reply to mpressed, 9 months ago

mpressed wrote:

Dear Canon,

Have been a canon shooter for 30 years, even though my mother worked for nikon in the 60s-80s.

Loved growing up canon loved my slurs, loved my first 10D, my 30D, 40D, 5DI and 5DIII.... Love ALL my canon lenses, L and non L glass!

But i am done with large scale heavy digital photography!

I love the IQ of my M, I am amazed at my M with my 135 f2 lens absolutely sick...

I WANT MORE!! I MAY WAIT!!

BUT I AM NOT BUYING ANYMORE GEAR FOR FULL SIZE DSLRs..

UNTIL THEN i will use my M as it exists,

BUT BE WARNED!!!!! I often find myself grabbing my new Leica C P&S..beasue of its IQ and reach...

PLEASE WAKE UP YOU CAN MAKE THE M VIABLE in the USA......

mp

Hear, hear! I really like my 6D, but I am pretty sure that I won't be buying another DSLR, either. For my purposes, EVF technology is now more than good enough optically, and I really like its other functional advantages. I recently tried a friend's Olympus E-M1 for a whole weekend, and I really enjoyed shooting with its EVF. It was a revelation. I have also lost my taste for the SLR mechanism and its complexity and the need for micro-focus adjustments for each lens to get the sharpest images. This is not do deny its current advantages in focus-tracking, which is not high on my priority list, but for my purposes, mirrorless is clearly the way forward. I hope Canon will have good mirrorless options going forward. The EOS M is a great start, but Canon can do a whole lot better, especially with auto-focus speed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow