Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 17,666
Like?
Consumers prefer Canon.
In reply to justmeMN, 4 months ago

justmeMN wrote:

BUT I AM NOT BUYING ANYMORE GEAR FOR FULL SIZE DSLRs..

Then buy a small-DSLR, the Canon SL1/100D. If memory serves, it has the same sensor as the EOS M2, which isn't available in the USA.

Canon is in the business of making a profit. All brands of mirrorless cameras are selling poorly in both North America and Europe, and the USA is where mirrorless cameras come do die and be dumped at deep discounts.

The reality is that brands like Sony, Olympus, and Panasonic simply aren't as popular as Canon is in the camera market. It doesn't matter whether you're talking about mirrorless or mirrored ILC's. Remember, Sony and Olympus have (or had) DSLRs too, and they didn't sell well either. I'm quite certain that if Canon put their powerful brand name behind a serious mirrorless push, they would be quite successful. Why? Because people buy Canon, whatever the product happens to be. The EOS M was an exception (at least initially) simply because it was way overpriced and so underwhelming upon first release. But just imagine if Canon came out with a true counterpart to the Sony A6000 or Olympus E-M10...I think we'd all find that mirrorless was suddenly selling a lot better.

And I'm not the only one who thinks this: "Why Even Canon's Competition Wants It To Take Mirrorless Seriously." Canon is tremendously influential and powerful in the marketplace, particularly in North America. When people consider buying a DSLR, most consumers in the US don't even think about any other brand other than Canon or Nikon. Now, if Canon were to suddenly say, "Hey, we have this amazing new mirrorless camera system that uses the same sensors as our DSLRs, but all in a smaller, easier-to-carry package...and it's still a Canon"...consumers would be much more willing to consider mirrorless.

Consumers prefer Canon (and Nikon).  They both simply just need to put out compelling mirrorless products that can be viable alternatives to DSLRs.  Canon needs to put out an EOS M with a viewfinder and a pop-up flash.  Nikon needs to put out a mirrorless body with an APS-C sensor.  And they need to price them at a reasonable level.  Then mirrorless will take off.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow