Pentax interview pretty clear about FF inevitability....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Tatouzou
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax interview pretty clear about FF inevitability....
In reply to Alex Sarbu, 6 months ago

I must have been misunderstood: I am fond of SLR, especially Pentax which I have always used since 1970!

I thing the K3, K5..., K30 and K50 are among the best today available cameras for photographers . That is why I picked a K30 this week at a very bargain price at Amazon.

I do like the comfort of SLR eyeviewfinders, and the convenience of TTL functions.

But, as an engineer, I thing that the mirror SLR domination on enthusiast and pro cameras will decline in the coming years.

Exactly like telemeters viewfinders cameras, such as Leica's, have been pushed off market by SLR in the 70' and 80', and like argentic photography died in a few years a decade ago.

Love it or hate it, it won't matter. Just pick a Sony Nex or Alpha or an Olympus and see how electronics eye viewfinders can now be quite good.

Being electronic devices with no mechanical part, their manufacturing costs will now quickly decrease, while their performance and convenience will improve.

Tatouzou's gear list:Tatouzou's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL Fujifilm X-S1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow