Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Preston205
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Would this be a good starter?
7 months ago

So I live in Alabama surrounded by trees and on a lake. I would love to be able to take some pictures of animals, or lake or sunset or whatever might come up mainly will be nature photography with maybe some sports or people but mainly outdoors stuff. I have never really owned a DSLR or a high end camera so to speak although I have had a few Cameras and my mom has a D90 which I have used a few times but I don't have very much experience with high end cameras.

Anyway I was looking at picking up a Nikon 1 J1 Manufacture Refurbished with a 10-30mm lens for $159 and I have looked at several reviews and stuff on it. Would that be a good camera to start with? I like it cause its light, stylish, compact and I can also buy a 30-110 or a few other lenses later if I want to.

Post any opinions on the camera and/or alternatives below along with maybe some suggestions on accessories like do I need a lens hood to start out and/or a UV Protector etc.

Links to the Camera:

Nikon 1 J1 SLR White Digital Camera w/ 10-30mm VR Lens (Refurbished)

Nikon 1 J1

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 1 J1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow