ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
caliban0
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
looking for a camera with two souls
5 months ago

Hi,

my nikon d40 camera bag and equipment (18-55, 35mm, 55-200, sb-400) have been stolen, so I am looking for a replacement system. Both me and my wife use the camera with very different styles, so I need a camera system with two different "souls".

a) I have an interest in good ergonomics, in the possibility of controlling what the camera is doing, and in having a nice viewfinder (I grew up shooting a manual focus pentax p30 with a fast 50mm and I am a nostalgic). I take my time with pictures. I prefer knobs and stuff that I can touch to menus. The d40 was not ideal...

b) my wife uses the camera more than me (1 year old twin girls) and only in fully automated mode so the camera has also to be able to work as a fast point and shoot with great results with no post processing.

c) I am buying from Amazon or a similar online store. I have a budget ~1000 dollars and I have no loyalty to any specific brand or format (does not need to be a dslr, nor a nikon). I can buy used/refurbished, but I would buy used online and I do not have the skills to judge if something is a lemon.

thanks in advance for any recommendation.

Paolo

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow