Canon iP 8720

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,361Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon iP 8720
In reply to David Hurt, 9 months ago

Here's the Canon-USA webpage on that printer:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_inkjet_printers/pixma_ip8720

• It uses the semi-mysterious CLI-251 cartridge
  • Cart is fully opaque, with chip placed so as to possibly be difficult to reset
  • I think the cart is relatively low capacity like the CLI-221/CLI-226 ... 9 ml instead of 13 ml for the CLI-42 used in the Pro-100.
  • I don't think there is a resetter available, if you are thinking of refilling
  • the iP8720 has 5 dye colors ... CYMK and also Gray, so it should be capable of great prints
  • Like the Pro-100, it is capable of 13x19" prints
  • I'd think the Pro-100 ... with $300 to $400 rebate ... would be a better choice
  • If you are wanting to refill your ink, I think the Pro-100 would be a much better choice.
  • if you are planning to always use oem-ink (not refill), I'd still be inclined to pick the Pro-100.
  • I'm pretty sure the ink cost per usable ml would be higher with the iP8720
  • If you are planning to refill, you might consider getting a NIB (new-in-box) Pro 9000-2 until the refilling status of the Pro-100 matures. Or a used 9000-2 from Craigslist if you know what you doing to evaluate the print-head.
  • My 2¢ ... YMMV
 l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow