Canon iP 8720
Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Here's the Canon-USA webpage on that printer:
- It uses the semi-mysterious CLI-251 cartridge
- Cart is fully opaque, with chip placed so as to possibly be difficult to reset
- I think the cart is relatively low capacity like the CLI-221/CLI-226 ... 9 ml instead of 13 ml for the CLI-42 used in the Pro-100.
- I don't think there is a resetter available, if you are thinking of refilling
- the iP8720 has 5 dye colors ... CYMK and also Gray, so it should be capable of great prints
- Like the Pro-100, it is capable of 13x19" prints
- I'd think the Pro-100 ... with $300 to $400 rebate ... would be a better choice
- If you are wanting to refill your ink, I think the Pro-100 would be a much better choice.
- if you are planning to always use oem-ink (not refill), I'd still be inclined to pick the Pro-100.
- I'm pretty sure the ink cost per usable ml would be higher with the iP8720
- If you are planning to refill, you might consider getting a NIB (new-in-box) Pro 9000-2 until the refilling status of the Pro-100 matures. Or a used 9000-2 from Craigslist if you know what you doing to evaluate the print-head.
- My 2¢ ... YMMV
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow