ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nickels25
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Four-Thirds, Micro Four-Thirds and EM-1
7 months ago

Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting the Oly EM-1! My reasoning is to get a camera system that gets great images and is portable for hiking, portrait sessions, and the occasional outdoor wedding. I used to photograph with a Full Frame D700. I'm scared to decrease sensor size for fear of lack of Image Quality but I really want a camera I can pack around (what's the good of a camera, FF or not, if you're not going to bring it with you. Couple questions:

1). Would the Oly EM-1 be good for the above reasons? Hiking, Outdoor weddings, Portraits sessions?

2). Just breaking into the 4/3's realm of photography....what is the difference between Micro 4/3's and 4/3's? I'm assuming sensor size....

3). How big can you print with the Oly EM-1 or other Micro 4/3's without seeing artifacts or a loss in image quality? The EM-1 images on DPReview look great, does that transfer to print quality though? If so, how big can I go? 11x14? 16x20?

4). I was looking at the Oly Zuiko glass. They look great (and a hell of a lot cheaper than FF glass)...Is the glass good quality?

Thanks for all your help as I search for the perfect camera!

nickels25's gear list:nickels25's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Olympus E-M1 Apple iPhone 5
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow