HELP!!! K3 misbehAving OR I may be confused

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,517Gear list
Like?
Re: HELP!!! K3 misbehAving OR I may be confused
In reply to breeze_of_wind, 9 months ago

I think that you may be confused. As pointed out by others, it seems that your setup in the example provided, exceeds the lower ISO limit. The exposure differs in each, yet, the settings are constant. The only way this could happen is if you selected both speed and aperture, and the camera is setting the aperture, which bottomed out at 100 while the light is changing, and exceeds what the camera can accommodate (i.e. it needed to set the ISO to less than 100) for proper exposure.

From your comments, I get the impression that you may have bought your K-3 just before your trip, perhaps thinking that a good camera will inevitably give you better pictures on this obviously special trip. You (speculating) may have never used a DSLR before, and may or may not have even read the manual on the plane on your way there.

My recommendation, use the green mode for any important pictures while on this trip, and use your spare time to learn some fundamentals of photo technique and to experiment with your new tool. It is quite normal to have mixed result at first, and can be daunting for some (more is not always better), but it will get better with some basic knowledge of what it is you're doing rather that randomly picking up some settings.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow