ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,511Gear list
Like?
Your thoughts on future of MFT
7 months ago

Hello,

First, apologies if this article has been posted and discussed before.

I followed a link some DPR member posted:

http://prophotocoalition.com/dcarr/story/micro-four-thirds-mirrorless-here-to-stay-or-gone-tomorrow?utm_source=WeeklyNews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=073113

I'm a MFT GX1 user, not a pro just a casual vacation, travel, and family snapper.  I like the small MFT format, and IQ is good enough, for me.  Sometimes make prints to 16"x20" just fine.

But, for those with more aspiring tastes in high quality photography using mirrorless cameras and looking for the best IQ,  now that Fiji APS-C and Sony FF mirrorless cameras are a viable option,  I'm wondering if many MFT users have or will abandon the MFT ship, even though MFT  continue to recently produce the pro quality Oly M1, M10, Panny GX7, petie high IQ GM1 kit?   And soon to be released GH4K.   And pro quality lenses.

For me, the article dire prediction about future of MFT does not deter me from MFT G.A.S.    

But, I would be interested from those more learned than I,  what your thoughts and comments are on the article and your opinion on future of MFT format?

Regards.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BlehNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow