Are current Pentax * and limited series lens up to date compared to newer Fuji, Sony, and Sigma?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wang Hung
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Are current Pentax * and limited series lens up to date compared to newer Fuji, Sony, and Sigma?
6 months ago

I've done more personal research on camera bodies in the last 2 months than I care to admit. And in the end, given the current price of Full frame, and a somewhat still immature mirrorless development; I think the Pentax K-3 is the best option for APSC right now.

That being said, I do not want my investment in lens to be outdated if higher resolution sensors eventually come out from Pentax. Most of the DA*, FA and limited series are not as new as some of the offerings from Fuji, Sony and Sigma. Although I'm only relying on web reviews, my impression is that Fuji's APSC line up is quite amazing, Sony's FE lens line up will slowly build up but so far some of the ones released are incredible. And of course there's Sigma, their new Art line up is great but they seem to prioritize only 4 mounts and putting Pentax aside.

I have no doubt that Pentax will eventually release some form of full frame with higher resolution so if i'm investing in a lens system, I'm definitely going for all full frame lens, with the exception of 1 Sigma 18-35 to cover the night shooting.

How is the new updated HD line up from Pentax compared to the competition?

Wang Hung's gear list:Wang Hung's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony FE 55mm F1.8
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow