Venturing out for the first time with ZF200!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
San Francisco Guy
Regular MemberPosts: 154
Like?
Venturing out for the first time with ZF200!
9 months ago

Some of you already know that my new camera arrived this past Wednesday.  It's been raining every day, so I haven't had a change to get out and take a few pictures.  In the mean time I've watched the first three of Graham Houghton's YouTube videos and they were very helpful.  He suggests that  you start off in IA or IA+.  I'll probably go out and alternate between IA+ and P mode.  I hope to have a good understanding of all the settings in the coming week.  I'm sure I'd be lost with Graham's videos.   Eventually I'd like to shoot in RAW, but I'll start off in JPEG for now.  My new camera bag isn't in yet, hopefully soon.

A couple of questions for you guys.  Do most of you keep the lens hood on all the time?  I understand the purpose, but it makes the camera so much bulkier.  Also, I'd be interested to know how many of you tend to put your camera in a particular shooting mode, and just keep it there for the majority of the time.

I hope you all have a nice weekend!!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow