1DX for amateur

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve W
Contributing MemberPosts: 605Gear list
Like?
Re: 1DX for amateur
In reply to Reservoir_Dog, 8 months ago

Ok,  I'm you! Once I started up the digital path I went from XT1 to 50D (should have bought the 40D instead of the XT1)  the I moved to the 5D Mark II to get what I wanted out of my lenses, most bought for an EOS 3 FF. To the 5D II I added the 7D for sports since I felt the 5D II wasn't really up to the task. My 50D focused better. Who would have thought.

Then a friend showed me his new 1D IV and I was hooked and had to have one. So I worked very happily with my 5D II and 1D IV.  That is until I saw the 5D III and realized it was what I always wanted the Mark II to be. FF with great AF.  So then I had the 5D III and 1D IV and thought I was set. Then  my friend (or crack dealer may be more appropriate) said save some money sell them both and get a 1D X.  So I got the 1D  X and sold my mint 1D IV. Problem was I didn't want to give up the 5D III!  So now I have  both and have no regrets. Size was never an issue since from my first XT 1 I always had a grip and L bracket. Also, I've  really done a lot of shooting lately where I really need two cameras for road races and other sporting events. Yes, a 1D IV probably would serve me just as well and often I think of posting my 1D X up for trade but haven't done it yet. Besides it's gotten really hard to find a 1D IV in mint condition like the one I had before.

My recommendation is to buy what makes you happy, what gets the job done, and what you can afford. That's what has worked for me.

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7R +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow