micro 4/3 or APC compact systems WHICH ONE ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
jcharding
Senior MemberPosts: 2,031Gear list
Like?
Re: micro 4/3 or APC compact systems WHICH ONE ?
In reply to Steve, 7 months ago

I use both systems.  The shortest and best answer is to simply choose the one that feels the best in your hand.

Both systems are capable of producing excellent images.  If you insist on parsing the assorted pluses and minuses, it really comes down to personal preference. For me, both systems are good enough image wise and small enough size wise.  Both have excellent external controls. The Fuji is more old school, the Olympus more customizable.  Is IBIS in everything necessary, or is the optical stabilization in select Fuji lenses sufficient. Do you need video, that favors Oly but if you want video badly a Sony or Panasonic body may be preferable.

in terms of specific size and weight questions, an xt1 and an OMD are pretty close size wise. The Oly lenses will be smaller, however for my purposes the Fuji lenses are, again, small enough.

no bad choices here.

-- hide signature --
 jcharding's gear list:jcharding's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-P3 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow