Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,711Gear list
Like?
7D users, noise question...
6 months ago

Say you find yourself with less light than you might prefer, but you "do" have, either a tripod, or something to seat your camera on....

So of course your options are to either just go with as long a shutter as you need, to get enough light, 'or' bump up your ISO.

Now of course I know, both longer exposures, as well as higher ISO's increase the tendency for noise, but how do you like to balance these things ^ with your 7D, for the most noise free shots possible ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and speaking of noise..... I've read that many 7D users turn off the noise reduction feature in the camera, as (If I'm not mistaken) they prefer to do this themselves in PP ?

....so I was going through my menus, and saw that my noise reduction is already switched off.

What's your take on this ? Let the camera do it for you ? Do it yourself ? Oh, but if you think you can do a better job, you have to show me how also LOL

Much thanks,

Fish

Fish Chris's gear list:Fish Chris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow