micro 4/3 or APC compact systems WHICH ONE ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve
Senior MemberPosts: 2,301Gear list
Like?
micro 4/3 or APC compact systems WHICH ONE ?
4 months ago

ok..

i'm at the point where i have to make a decision. I just sold my d7000 /18-200mm to buy a CSC.

i like the OMD em1, for its stabilization (i dont take tripods on vacation and my wife is tired of resting my tool (of the trade) on her head).

the lens are smaller than APC lenses. so the size and weight would be great...

the only thing bothering me is dynamic range.. and especially NOISE..

the fuji XT-1 on the other hand, very similar to the OMD, would produce less noise but the lenses i imagine will be bigger..

(that's one reason i didn't switch earlier.. i always thought the sony's looked idiotic with tiny bodies and huge unbalanced lenses)...

now  since i only print to 12x18 max.. maybe a little noise reduction is all i need in PP..

i will probably be getting a moderate zoom (18ish-55) and maybe a wider prime.. i understand that Olympus and Fuji glass are both very good...

(one newbie question: would a 18-135 lens on the fuji be much larger than the same on an OMD ? is an APC lens the same size regardless whether there is a mirror in the camera ?

if i can get better quality with a little bigger lens.. then i.m ok with it...

('resting my tool on my wife's head' .. i can't believe i just wrote that...

Steve's gear list:Steve's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow